Friday, April 20, 2012

Project MCP: Blooming

Riot of White by Teckelcar
Riot of White, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This week's Project MCP challenge was "Blooming."

It's been a wild spring this year. With the repeated cycles of hot and cold weather. all of the flowering plants have ended up blooming at the same time. It's also been a horrendous spring for allergies.

As for this week's picture, I love color however the pristine white of my azaleas was calling out to me. They have just started blooming last week and the bushes, where the deer haven't nibbled down to the nub, are awash with flowers. I do have some pink azaleas, but they are nearly as riotous with blooms as the white.

This picture is straight out of the camera. I like the overexposed feel of the white, in bright sunlight these flowers are dazzling. I'm glad I was able to capture the bright white without having to enhance anything on my computer.




No comments: